Organic is Better – Confirmed by Scientists!
The British Journal of Nutrition has published an article created by experts who tested Organic versus Non-organic. Their findings on why organic is in fact better than non-organic is very positive. It at last puts forward the case that has been argued by people who care about what they put in their bodies, the environment and animal welfare: Organic is better for you than non-organic. There are so many reasons to buy organic:
- You will know what’s in your food as it has to be approved to have the organic certification.
- Fraction of the pesticide use, and would not use any pesticides that harm Bees or other Wildlife
- Genetically Modified (GM) foods are completely banned.
- Combats climate change by the farming methods used.
- Supports ethical farming and animal welfare.
But from a Nutritional point of view organic foods:
- Are higher in nutrients due to quality of the soil.
- Do not contain the amount of toxins that no-organic foods can contain.
Become a member of the Soil association: http://www.soilassociation.org/becomeamember
Starting at £3.50 per month or a Soil Friend member for £10 a month.
For more information on British Journal Findings see:
British Journal of Nutrition, Volume 112, Issue05, September 2014, pp 794-811